9/16/2011

Alessi Unisex AL16001 Watch.it Automatic Brown Leather Strap Watch Review

Alessi Unisex AL16001 Watch.it Automatic Brown Leather Strap Watch
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
May 26, 2010:
I've had this watch for only a couple of weeks, so I can't speak to it's durability, but so far I love it.It was a gift from a close friend and I find it comfortable and elegant in a simple sort of way.I love the idea of a kinetic watch too. I've never had one before, but the fact that it charges by harnessing the movement of your body is pretty cool and I always love a new gadget.There is a clear window on the back of the watch that lets you see the pendulum swinging around whenever you move it.It's a matter of personal preference, but I prefer leather straps, though they do make this same watch in both leather and bracelet styles, so get whichever you prefer.

June 20 update:
Almost a month later and I still like this watch a lot.No problems at all and keeps very good time.When I first reviewed this watch I assumed the internal mechanism was a Seiko kinetic drive with a capacitor and ability to be left unattended for long periods, but I have since found out that its a self-winding mechanical watch.I still love it just as much and I've never had a mechanical watch so I'm just as enamored with the technology involved.It just caught me by surprise when it stopped after a couple of days of not being worn.Now that I know this is normal for this type of watch I'm fine with it; as I mentioned, it is just my first mechanical watch.I've been wearing it all weekend and have been pretty active so hopefully it will be fully wound and I'm going to leave it on my desk to see how long it takes to stop running.From my reading online, most will last 35-40 hours if fully wound.

One thing I will say about this watch is that it's nearly impossible to find any real information on it.The book is generic and useless and the web has little on it beyond who the designer was.I may try to call someone at Alessi tomorrow and see if they can tell me more.I like to know details of what I wear, like is it self winding only or can I wind it from the crown?

44 hours and 11 minutes until it stopped; I timed it about 10 min before it halted and it appeared to still be keeping good time right up to the end.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Alessi Unisex AL16001 Watch.it Automatic Brown Leather Strap Watch

Product Description:
Wiel Arets, Dutch architect, has held a number of academic positions and currently holds the Berlage chair at Technical University in Delft.He says, "Watch.It has not been designed out of the need to fundamentally change the technology of the timepiece.It is an artifact that embodies the essence of the present-day wristwatch.It is a basic instrument whose form is distilled from the circle, of which the dot is the smallest visible expression."

Buy Now

Want to buy Alessi Unisex AL16001 Watch.it Automatic Brown Leather Strap Watch at other amazon sites? Click the corresponding icon below:



buy it at amazon.combuy it at amazon.co.ukbuy it at amazon.cabuy it at amazon.debuy it at amazon.fr

0 comments:

Post a Comment